Plasmetic.com forums  

Go Back   Plasmetic.com forums > Facial Plastic Surgery > Cosmetic Dentistry
Forums Home Photo Gallery FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
spy9doc

Default Terrific Dental Experience in Tijuana

I just returned from 10 days in Tijuana/San Diego and wanted to share a terrific dental experience and a real "find" insofar as dentists are concerned.

I consulted with four dentists on my first day there, including Dr. Jose Caballero who is one of the best dentists in Tijuana, but as I learned, also one of the most expensive. He charges nearly as much as a US dentist for a crown.

I settled on Dr. Julio Garcia who did a wonderful job at a very reasonable price. I had three crowns and a nightguard made for what a US dentist would charge for one crown.

He does not do implants, but sends patients to Hospital Angeles for the implant surgery ($800) and then does the crown himself ($250). If any of you have ever had an implant in the US, you know what a savings this is. He also does whitening and veneers (about $400)

Dr. Garcia does not have a US phone number, but assured me that he promptly answers email. I found his English quite adequate, and his assistant, Ivan, speaks very good English.

Dr. Julio Garcia
Jose Clemente Orozco #2468 - Suite 204
Zona Rio, Tijuana B.C. Mexico
664-6-33-92-76
juliogarcia67jaga@live.com.mx

Best.......

K.
spy9doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
chopsuey7

My Mood:

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a dentist in TJ and it's nice to hear that you had a good experience with a good dentist.
chopsuey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
spy9doc

I will tell you that his office is very basic......not even a computer. He actually did my dental x-rays with me standing and him holding the film.
First time I have ever experienced that, but the films were picture perfect.

In contrast, Dr. Caballero has a fancy office........with prices to match. It just depends on what you are comfortable with. I went to Dr. Garcia upon recommendation of some friends who have an office in the same building. He didn't disappoint.
spy9doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
chopsuey7

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy9doc View Post
I will tell you that his office is very basic......not even a computer. He actually did my dental x-rays with me standing and him holding the film.
First time I have ever experienced that, but the films were picture perfect.

In contrast, Dr. Caballero has a fancy office........with prices to match. It just depends on what you are comfortable with. I went to Dr. Garcia upon recommendation of some friends who have an office in the same building. He didn't disappoint.
Thanks so much. It's great to know that you had a good experience.
chopsuey7 is offline   Reply With Quote