Plasmetic.com forums  

Go Back   Plasmetic.com forums > Facial Plastic Surgery > Facial Surgery
Forums Home Photo Gallery FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
jennifer

My Mood:
Default Woman dies after lifestyle lift in Florida

Another woman dies after facelift procedure, the procedure performed was Lifestyle Lift by Dr. Frank Filiberto

Woman Dies After Facelift Procedure - County By County News Story - WFTV Orlando
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
DrRubinstein
Just browsing

My Mood:
Default Re: Woman dies after lifestyle lift in Florida

This is a horrible tragedy. My prayers and best wishes go out to the family suffering with this loss.

Dr. Filiberto was practicing in association with the Lifestyle Lift. This outfit was found guilty by the Attorney General of New York of posting fraudulent reviews on sites like this one. Basically, the employees of Lifestyle Lift were apparently posting positive reviews on forums making it look like they were patients with a good experience. Lifestyle Lift was fined $300,000 for this violation.

As for this incident, this patient was sent home after a major operation. The Lifestyle Lift advertises how patients can go home and how simple the procedure is. It is still a serious operation and should be treated that way. This patient was allegedly sent home still sedated and was given instructions to take more medication at home. Her death may very well be related to the amount of medication she had received and taken at home. Facelifts of any kind are a serious operation. In my practice I require all facelift patients to spend the night after surgery. They are under observation and cared for directly by experienced nurses. While bad things can always happen, this makes such a terrible outcome very unlikely.

Further, according to the FL Dept of Health, Dr. Filiberto is NOT board certified in any specialty. He is trained as an ear, nose and throat doctor. Despite that he boasts membership in the American Academy of Cosmetic Breast Surgery (NOT a board of any kind) and the American Society of Lipo-Suction Surgery, Inc. (also NOT a board of any kind. It makes one wonder why a doctor trained in ear, nose and throat is doing any surgery at all on breasts and body?? Additionally, Dr. Filiberto is practicing under a license with a status of "Obligations/Active" related to a federal conviction for tax evasion.

Please take the time to be sure that your surgeon is properly trained and qualified to perform the procedures you are considering. I strongly recommend that you seek the care of a plastic surgeon that is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this info helps!
www.dr-rubinstein.com
DrRubinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
Chrystal Eckes

Thank you for the information Dr. Rubinstein.
Chrystal Eckes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #4
henrymark

Thank you for the information
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
blueeyes9293

This is why it is so very important to research and double-check your doctor BEFORE you schedule any type of procedure. I know when I had my first lipo procedure in Boca, I had to ensure there was time between getting my bloodwork done and the actual surgery.

Not only that, but is it common to have seven (7) medicines for cosmetic surgery? I had pain medicine (didn't need it, used tylenol, but just in case-did need the medicine to help with water retention, but that was a week later).

How sad for this family. Thank you for posting the reminder about researching and verifying your doctor before having anything done. Sadly, this story is so common, especially here in south Florida, where emphasis is put on looking younger and because of that emphasis/desire, people are being taken in.
blueeyes9293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
scorpiogirl10
Just browsing

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Another woman dies after facelift procedure, the procedure performed was Lifestyle Lift by Dr. Frank Filiberto

Woman Dies After Facelift Procedure - County By County News Story - WFTV Orlando
My mom had this done, in Florida. I would never recommend it. She's had so much trouble with the results and the follow up from the location in Tampa.
scorpiogirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Chrystal Eckes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiogirl10 View Post
My mom had this done, in Florida. I would never recommend it. She's had so much trouble with the results and the follow up from the location in Tampa.
I do hope that she is feeling better now and on the mend. Let us know. Best.
Chrystal Eckes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
paraviviane

My Mood:

That's why I always say here it is important to find a board certified PLASTIC surgeon!
paraviviane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
scorpiogirl10
Just browsing

My Mood:

The surgeons they use, at least the ones that worked on my mom were board certified, but they rotated out of the clinic pretty quickly. It's just a terrible procedure, they left HORRIBLE scars in FRONT of her ears. She's never had a problem with scarring before and WHY would they put them in front? So cheaply done, watch the infomercials, look at the hairstyles and cuts, it's so they hide the scars. You get what you pay for.
scorpiogirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
paraviviane

My Mood:
Default How to find a good surgeon in FL

Making sure your plastic surgeon is ASPS, ABPS, ASAPS and ABMS certified is very important.

ASPS Find a Member Surgeon

https://www.abplsurg.org/ModDefault....ection=PubFind

Consumers - Find a Plastic Surgeon | The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

https://www.abms.org/WC/login.aspx

Look up Broward, West Palm, and Dade public records to make sure your surgeon has a clean record. (Look up the name of your surgeon and if he works at a plastic surgery center you should also look up the center's name there)

Broward County - Records, Taxes and Treasury Division (Broward)

Case/Party Search (CPSS)

Miami-Dade County Clerk - County Recorder's Official Record Search

Check out his profile on the Florida Department of Health.

FL Dept. of Health - Profiling Advanced Search Form

Read about the procedure you want to get. Read reviews about your plastic surgeon, etc. Do your homework!

Helpful links:

Using Your Smarts: Finding the Right Plastic Surgeon

Consumer Resources - Steps to Finding the Right Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon | The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

Plastic Surgery Patient Safety: A guide to safe plastic surgery
paraviviane is offline   Reply With Quote