Plasmetic.com forums  

Go Back   Plasmetic.com forums > Facial Plastic Surgery > Facial Surgery
Forums Home Photo Gallery FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
petal

Default Tightness after Face Lift

Hi all, first post, be kind

4 weeks (almost to the day) I had a Face Lift (including the neck). I also had a Brow Lift and my eyelids done (top only).

I think the recovery is going pretty well, however it is still very tight all around my face. I compare it to a deep sea divers rubber mask around the face with the back of the head bit cut out. It is like something very tight has been put all around your face and you just want to pull the damm thing off.

Am I being too impatient????

I would love to hear of others experinces to compare and maybe stop obsessing about it.
petal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Gillian

Default Re: Tightness after Face Lift

Hi Petal

This also is my first post so hello. I had a macs lift including neck and top eyelids done also and i am into my 10week (early November)and the pain in my face is unbearable still. Tight/hot/ and feels just like you explained. It gets worse if i go outside, talk too much and worsens as the day goes by!

Has anyone else been in pain this long?
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
petal

Hi "Gillian,

Thanks for replying to my post. What is a MACS facelift??

I think after 10 weeks you should not be in this sort of pain. With me there is no pain whatsoever, just the tightness. When are you due back to see your surgeon.

It really is quite a confronting procedure, the facelift. Did you have the browlift as well??

Also I don't notice any difference as the day goes by and I am able to talk as normal. I had to use eye drops for about a week but that is ok now as my eyes have relaxed a bit (I think that was mainly from the brow lift rather than the top of the eyes).

But I am concerned that after 10 weeks you have pain, as that does not seem right to me and all the searching I have done, there has been minimal situations where the person was in pain especially nearly 3 months after the operation!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Gillian

Hi Petal

Thankyou for your response. I didnt have a brow lift as well. The Macslift is similiar to the Facelift just not (apparently) so intrusive.

I am in more pain than ever and have an appt back at the drs on Friday 22nd Jan as hes away for Christmas. In between im just popping pills. I think i will be back in for surgery - not that he would admit hes done something wrong - but he did say it would alleviate the pain by cutting the sutres as they havent cut thru the skin themselves. Who knows!

I would not of course recommend this to anyone. Im glad you had an easy time and most people do. I will keep you informed. Sorry it took so long to respond but i couldnt remember my password! Gillian
Old 01-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
petal

Well Gillian, I will be thinking of you as it really does feel as though something has gone awry.

I am now 7 weeks from surgery and I haven't needed to take any painkilles since for first two DAYS! so yes you need to check it out.

From a positive aspect, the procedure itself may be just fine (ie how you look) and maybe it is only the pain issue???

I know with my procedure they cut right through the skin, pulled it back and stapled it to my head (and then of course cut away the excess skin). I will go onto you tube and see if I can find out anything about a MACS facelift.

I am sure it will turn out good in the end, it is just painful (literally as well of course) going through this crap now.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
petal

Gillian here is a link to You Tube about the MACS Facelift that you may find intereresting. Take Care
Julie

MACS Facelift
Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
Gillian

Hi Julie

I wish i was you !!! My pain killers wear down after about 3 hours but i wait 4 and there is no way i could go without them. My last appt which was 3 weeks ago the dr talked about going back in the cutting the sutres himself as he feels they havent come thru the muscle! Im so worried they have come thru the muscle and there is nothing he can do . . lets hope not but i will let you know. Your such a sweetie thank you for looking into you tube for me and i will have a look after i send this.

As for what i look like . . apart from the angry look of pain on my face i definitely look younger but hey at the moment its just not worth it!

Talk to you soon, Gillian
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
Gillian

Hi Julie

I had a look at you tube . . im glad i didnt look at that operation before hand! In the interview with the dr. he says a macs lift you dont have stitches behind the ears . . i have . . did you??

Gillian
Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
sfsky

Default Re: Tightness after Face Lift and depression

Hi I'm new to this site and was looking for some answers I just can't figure out. I am 3 and a half weeks post-op for my facelift and I am in pain as soon as my medication wears off. It wakes me up and I'm only getting sleep here and there. I am so depressed and I find myself looking in the mirror and just crying. I feel I look the same as I did before I had this done. Well a little different but not that much. I actually did not want to look like myself. I find as the days go by the muscles are relaxing and (i see my neck coming back and my left side of my neck is so swollen and hurts and my cheek is so lumpy. Has anyone gone through this? Will it flatten out? I'm just so bummed out I don't know what to do. I have no friends that live near me anymore and no family so I have no one to talk to about this. I just feel so lost and I feel like my face is in a vice 24/7. I'm so hoping this is normal.
sfsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
Gillian

Hello there . . you are very early out from having your facelift and are going to experience alot more heartache yet as this procedure takes a long long time to heal. If you are already seeing some swelling go down in your neck that is a very good thing and also very soon after. I am 1 year out and still have pain in my face! If i had known i would never have gone thru this!