Plasmetic.com forums  

Go Back   Plasmetic.com forums > Facial & Body Rejuvenation > Laser skin procedures
Forums Home Photo Gallery FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
sportygirl
Just browsing

Default Face Machine at Versalles

Hi all,
Yes, I experienced the laser application from the new face machine last Thursday. Since I am the first actual person that the center worked on with the laser, I thought it would be best to wait at least one week before I posted here, so that I would have some valid feedback for you. Here goes....
Last Thur. Jan 10th was my first sl at VC. During examination, I showed Dr. L my lose hanging skin at my neck (hanging from under my chin) and she suggeted that maybe we should try running the laser through there just to see if we could tighten at all. Of course, that was fine with me. I had other areas to lipo so this was just an add on hoping for a little improvement.
When I finished with the Lipo I saw that it was 7 hours later and Dr. Castro told me I was in the o.r. for 7 hours. I thought why and how in the world did I stay 7 hours as I am 5' and 110 pounds. Just not that much to do!!!!
Then I was informed that just before I went to O.R. the face machine arrived and they decided to experiment with it on me. The M.D. rep from the company was there with the machine and it was a perfect situation for Dr. L. So the additional time in the o.r. was time they spent setting up and teaching (using my neck) on the face machine. I am perfectly ok with that.
If you decide to use the machine, you definitely want to be anesthetized. I was and I didn't feel a thing, but the day after, two of the nurses decided they wanted to try it out on their faces and they were awake. Both of them said it was painful and they felt like their face was on fire. I did not experience that.
I first thing you notice is that you look like you've been attacked by a flamng rake. They move the laser wand across skin and the wand is shaped like a miniture rake with about 12 very small closely alligned prongs. So you have many many rows of rake prong burns across your skin. First day post op, they are bright red and then gradually turn darker and less intense. They start getting crusty after about day 4. Then at about day 6 to 8 they start itching (to the point that I almost starting bleeding from scratching like a lunatic). I ultimately took a benadyl which saved me! Today, day 8 they are mostly gone and the result is soft smooth skin. The machine is obviously for ]resurfacing, not tightening at all. It's an intense exfoliating action.
By the way, the area does swell a bit. OK, so if you have rough skin, or maybe crusty skin, uneven skin or other skin surface problems, it's another mode of tx. I wish they would have used it on my chin because I do have crevices on my chin and it would have been interesting to see if it changed anything. In my case, it was just a little down time and nothing that I really needed. My neck was fine to begin with.
If you want more info, please pm me. I also have one or two photos of the post op appearance.
Hope this helps!!!
Hey, by the way, I have a couple of hard spots on various places on my abdomen, mostly around my waist. Can any body who knows about these shed some light for me about why they are there and how to get rid of them? And also how long should it take to get rid of them?

Thanks much,
Sherri
sportygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
blue

My Mood:

Hi Sherri,
I would love to see your photos, even if you are still swollen and have rake marks. I left Versalle's the Thursday you had your procedures. I was hoping the face machine would come in earlier, and I was going to be the guinea pig. I had SmartLipo to the neck done. Dr. L. thinks it would be helpful to come back in a couple of months for the "face machine" (does it have some other name?)
thanks!
-blue
blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
sportygirl
Just browsing

Hey Blue,
I knew that you were in the center and I asked about you, but we just missed each other. Tell me where to send the photos to and yes, I am still red. It's not so bad because it's neck and we're in the season of turtle necks now, but summer would be a drag.
I cracked up when you asked about the professional name of the face machine. That's what every one calls it! It's by cynosure and it's a CO2 laser. I can find out for you.
Good luck on your recovery!
Sherri
Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
blue

My Mood:

My understanding is that the "face machine" in made by the manufacturer of the SmartLipo machine, Cynosure. I went to their website, and apparently it is the Affirm. It sounds similar to Fraxel. Wonder what the difference is? I looked into Fraxel once and was told it would take more than one treatment. I wonder it that's going to be true of the Affirm also? I asked Dr. L. that when I was at Versalle's and she said only a single treatment, but obviously they don't actually have any experience with it yet. Maybe it's only one treatment but will need to be repeated at intervals. Also, do they know yet what they are going to charge for it at Versalle's?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
rcraig

My Mood:

Sherri can you send your pictures to me too! I am scheduled for 2/2 and can't wait. Although I don't know what I am going to tell my office about the red marks on the face! Oh regarding the hard spots..........don't panic everyone gets them. I freaked out because I had a huge one on my lower abs that actually moved if I bent backwards and moved from side to side. I thought it was some kind of tumor!!!! But after talking to Robin I found out it was a normal part of healing. You can massage them and they eventually dissapear. You can send the pix to my pm box, thanks Sherri. rcraig
1/26/06
Happy camper with a new booty!
rcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
sportygirl
Just browsing

I think you are probably right, that it's similar to fraxel and it wouldn't surprise me if multiple treatments would be used. Frankly, unless it's significantly discounted I can't see traveling to Mexico (I see that you're in Texas) for just this. Maybe with multiple treatments, it would smooth out lines. I don't think that will happen with only one tx. My skin on my neck is smooth, but the horizontal lines that are commonly there are still there. I doubt that one tx will eliminate them.
I have no idea on the price.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
blue

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
My understanding is that the "face machine" in made by the manufacturer of the SmartLipo machine, Cynosure. I went to their website, and apparently it is the Affirm. It sounds similar to Fraxel. Wonder what the difference is?
Oh, there's a thread on the laser board about this. http://www.plasmetic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718
Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
sportygirl
Just browsing

One more thing.... I know that the machine comes from Italy. That's why it took so long. It was a customs problem.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
rcraig

My Mood:

I know it is the newest machine that Deka makes but I was under the impression that it was NOT a CO2 machine. From what was explained to me by Dr. L it was a new technology. If it is just a CO2 I will be very dissapointed because that is available everywhere. I sure hope it is something else. rcraig
1/26/06
Happy camper with a new booty!
rcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
sportygirl
Just browsing

That's what Robin told me.