Plasmetic.com forums  

Go Back   Plasmetic.com forums > Plastic Surgery > Liposuction
Forums Home Photo Gallery FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
gmgman

Default Smartliopo lumps... how can I get rid of them?

Hi,

I'm kinda new to this forum... I had smartlipo 2 months ago and whilst the hard lumps have reduced slightly, I still have them around my tummy and love handles. I saw my surgeon yesterday who now recommends that I stop messaging the lumps as there is no benefit. If I could go back in time I would never have had smartlipo and learned to love my fat bits but I am where I am so want to concentrate on getting the best possible results. I asked my surgeon what else I could do to improve the results... his response was nothing, just allow time. Surely there must be ways to break down these lumps quicker... help! Any advise or guidance would be greatfully appreciated!
gmgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
lexij

My Mood:
Default Re: Smartliopo lumps... how can I get rid of them?

Hey,
I've read something about a special massage called endermology. A special machine is used to massage and break down the lumps...I heard it works pretty well. I came across it on another forum. I will look it up and post back with more info
lexij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
gmgman

Hey Lexij,

Thanks, I'd really appreciate that. I willing to try anything to get rid of the lumps as quickly as possible. I've also read on a Forum that heat (like a sauna belt?) also helps break them up.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
daisie3

gmgman - If I had my time to do over and I was at your stage of the healing process, I think that I would have someone with really strong hands try and manually break up the hard lumps. I know this may sound a bit crazy and it would hurt like hell but it would be better than ending up with a bunch of hard spots/lumps (scar tissue) further down the road when there's nothing that can be done other than having a doctor go back in with some sort of device to attempt to break it up, which I've been told is very difficult to do and costly (this is where I'm at now a year and a half after having smartlipo not to mention that these lumps/hard spots cause an uneven looking appearance that is ugly). By the way, this manual breaking up of scar tissue is something that is done by the doctor (or it used to be years ago) a couple/few months after a breast augmentation when one or both sides start to capsulate from scar tissue forming around the implant. The doctor would literally squeeze around the implant as hard as he could for as long as you could stand it in an attempt to soften or break things up. Of course, you should check with your doctor before trying this. Let us know what you end up doing.

Daisie3
daisie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #5
cutelegs

Oh im really feeling for you, why cant the surgeon attempt to try and fix it?
ALso did you use the aspiration device to remove the fat?

Good luck and i hope things work out
cutelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
gina9496
Just browsing

My Mood:

Hello,
I havent posted in a while but I feel the endermology was a waste of money & time it didnt help like i thought it would. Its fine & looks like it working while you're going to the sessions but that's it. I have a fairly large lump on my left thigh which i noticed as soon as the bandages were being changed & was told it was swelling well I went back for revision. A year later its still there it has gone down some but still noticeable. In the beginning you could seen it when i wore jean, I'll just have to live with it!
gina9496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
daisie3

cutelegs - yes, the aspiration method for sucking out the melted fat was used. I have been to a couple of plastic surgeons who have done a lot of secondary lipo/smartlipo surgeries and I was told that the lumps are areas of scar tissue from the way my body healed and the dents are from too much fat being taked out. They both said that I would need fat transfers to fill in the dented spots and for the lumps, they would have to go under the skin and try to break them up using a device and at some point during the surgey, they would use the lipo/smartlipo machine to go back over everything in an attempt to smooth everything out. I was also told that it may take a couple of surgeries to make an improvement but that I should not expect for everything to be great because it's very difficult to go back in once a person has had the procedure done and repair what went wrong. Good luck to all of you who had lipo done recently...hopefully you will have a better outcome that me and many others that I know.

Daisie3
daisie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #8
gmgman

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your advise and kind wishes.

G