Plasmetic.com forums  

Go Back   Plasmetic.com forums > Plastic Surgery > Liposuction
Forums Home Photo Gallery FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
lasnico81

My Mood:
Default puffy nipples after Smartlipo

I'm a 27 years old guy who had puffy nipple and aureola kind of fatty, since my teenage years(I'm not overweight), I decided to get rid of it a few months ago.
After conversing with different plastic surgeons I found one who offered me two options: excision or smartlipo he told me the result would be the same and that he could suck out all the tissue (fat and glandular) with a simple smart lipo.
It sounded great to me as i didn't really wanna go through total anesthesia and the smartlipo is also cheaper. So for the same result the choice was easy!

I had the smart lipo done five days ago, right after surgery I remember my chest and nipple area being totally flat (like an empty sack of skin), had light bruising which disappeared after 12 hours and very light swelling. But the following day the nipple was back puffy again Now i can feel hard tissue underneath (scar tissue??? residual glandular tissue??). The nipple still shrink when I'm cold etc...
The area is still a little sore but the swelling very light and I also lost sensitivity
Should I be concerned or is it just too early to worry about anything?
Actually I'm just afraid that like many surgeon claim glandular tissues (even small like mine) CANNOT be removed with smartlipo.
Would any plastic surgeon tell the contrary, like mine did.
lasnico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
mastermind

Default Re: puffy nipples after Smartlipo

Hi, I'm 33 and like you I had smart lipo done on my chest 5 weeks ago. My surgeon told me smart lipo won't do anything for the glandular mass behind the nipples but that I would see a great reduction in size. I too remember that right after surgery the chest was totally flat but the following days the swelling started and the nipples were puffy again. Even after 5 weeks I still have some of this swelling but I was told that what you see right after surgery should in the end be your result( after 3 months or so).
If the result is not what I had in mind after that I might opt for excision next year or so.
Hope this helps.
mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
lasnico81

My Mood:
Default Re: puffy nipples after Smartlipo

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, that's what my surgeon told me but now that the fat is gone I can still feel the hard tissue under my skin (might be the edema) so I'm really sceptical.
Guess i'll have to be patient, and like you now that I've started if I'm not satisfied in a few months i'll opt for excision.
lasnico81 is offline   Reply With Quote