Plasmetic.com forums  

Go Back   Plasmetic.com forums > Medical Tourism > Tourism Talk
Forums Home Photo Gallery FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
GJENNY-FER

Default My experience overseas using makeovertravel medical tourism company !

Hi everyone

sometime ago I asked if anyone had received treatment in bolivia with makeovertravel(www.makeovertravel.com) and I am just letting you all know of my experience....

Arrived in santa cruz from uk on 8th march, had consultation with dr milton at foianini clinic regarding complete lipo and tummy tuck.

Went through with surgery the following morning and I can only say that the hospital was amazing, the staff of makeover travel were so professional, helpful and friendly and dr milton was great!!!!! (i actually stayed in the hospitals residential suites for a couple of days after the surgery to enable me to have my check up with the dr before going down to la paz for a holiday, and that in itself was great!

I came round from my aneastetic just after the op and to this day, I have felt no pain at all (touch wood). I experienced just minimal bruising(i started taking arnica tablets about 2 weeks prior as they are said to help with swelling and brusing), which has completely gone now (10 days or so later).

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I would recomend makeover travel and dr. milton if anyone out there is thinking about surgery, please check the credentials of the surgeon yourself ( a useful site was:
surgery brazilian board of plastic surgery (abps)
promotes safe, ethical, effective plastic surgery to the public by maintaining high standards for the education, examination, and certification of plastic surgeons.
GJENNY-FER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
herbalapril

My Mood:

Are you still part of this board ? I really want to talk to someone who has been to Makeovertravel.
herbalapril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
sukithomas

Herbalapril,
I've been talking to Makeover Travel to do a breast aug and lift in May. I'm feeling nervous. Did you find anything out?
sukithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
georgiad

Default Are you considering to go to Bolivia?

I have to say one thing....
JUST FANTASTIC!!!

A trip like this is not like going to the beach but is a moment to change your life, my personal experience was really nice.

I am not going to say that I was like Jeniffer xxxxx after my trip because I was very swelling but after 3 months !!!! wowwwwww I couldnt recognize my self, I feel like a tv star.

Before going to Bolivia I was really scared but after meeting my surgeon and my assistant I felt better, I thought I was going to have a lot of pain but I was really lucky!, I met other patients in my hotel, not all of them where so lucky, some of them had to rest more than me to feel better but I have to say that most of the people I met where really happy.

Of course that a trip like this is not for everyone, because you must be strong, but I think that it worth it because the way you feel after you see your results is something that doesnt have a price.

If you travel to Santa Cruz with Makeover Travel,I recommend you to arrive in the Royal Lodge Hotel and that you can ask to have your surgery with Dr. Javier Cossio, he is an excellent surgeon, you will see that you will be very happy with your results.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
haida999

Default Pray for me!

Girls!
I am thinking to go to Bolivia in 2 months, I am really nervous, not for the trip I think that what make me feel like this is to imagine the pain after my surgery, does tummy tuck hurts?
I know I am a coward but I have been like that all my life!
I decided to go there because my aunt Jennifer , my motherīs sister went to Santa Cruz last year and she looks wonderful, I have to say that when I saw her after 17 days of her surgery she didnít look nice, in fact I saw her and I was scared because I didnít see a big change, but her surgeon Dr.Javier Cossio told her that this was completely normal and that she was going to see her results after 7 months or a year from her surgery, now after all this time she looks like she was 40 when her real age is 52, I wish I could look like her at her age!
For the moment I am just going to have a tummy tuck but I will see once I speak with the surgeon if he can do anything else for me.
Please pray for me,I donít want to have pain!
I will let you know about my trip once I come back
haida999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
nathalieS

Default Re: My experience overseas using makeovertravel medical tourism company !

Hi Haida999,
MakeoverTravel is an excellent choice, I had several procedures done in Bolivia and I am very happy with my results. Unfortunately all the surgeries are painful and I think that the tummy tuck is one of the most painful surgeries but it's like that "woman must to suffer to be beautiful" but the pain is worth it once you see your new body few months after the surgery. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
nathalieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
blackberry

Default Re: My experience overseas using makeovertravel medical tourism company !

Any new info on makeovertravel.com? I'm getting mixed reviews and I really need to hear from someone that has recently had surgery in Boliva with this company.
blackberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:06 AM   #8
foxy

I wish more people would speak up.
foxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #9
LatinaIsa

Wink Re: makeovertravel medical tourism

Has anyone recently traveled to bolivia this year? I am really thinking about going as well for a breast aug, and the micro-grafting butt aug they have going on, and I am realllly nerves !! Any advice on these procedures ??
LatinaIsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
beenthere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
Any new info on makeovertravel.com? I'm getting mixed reviews and I really need to hear from someone that has recently had surgery in Boliva with this company.
Hi,
I have not experienced makeover travel but I have had surgeries outside of the u.s. No matter where you are in this world, you will always find mixed rev iews. I have had cosmetic surgery in the u.s. (breast implants) and developed an infection a couple of months later.(10day antibiotics). Risk and complications come with the territory....Many happy patients who chose to go overseas, did there research, talked with doctors and staff at numerous times, felt no apparent red flags, trusted their instincts and went for it.
You can spend hours reading reviews, but ultimately , you should establish a relationship first with a potential medical team via phone calls, emails etc...
you will have your answer!
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote